The fastest way of achieving proficiency in numerical modelling is a customised training program, delivered by an industry leader. Customers benefit from tutoring, advice on software tools and suitability for their specific applications. A range of training styles include traditional lectures, hands-on tutorials and custom one-to-one tutoring.The training topics range from basic introduction through to advanced courses.
Standard OpenFOAM® Training
This class is suitable for those with limited or no prior experience using OpenFOAM®. It includes a basic overview of the library, discussion of the fundamentals of the library, discretization schemes, linear solver settings and case set up. This training course includes:
- Discussion of basic commands and utilities
- Overview of the OpenFOAM library
- Review of the finite volume method
- Discretization and linear solver set up guide
- 4 hands-on examples
- Best practices for case set up
Note: Suspended until further notice
Advanced OpenFOAM® Training
This class is suitable for those with user level experience using OpenFOAM®. Participants in the course will learn the layout of the OpenFOAM® library, how to copy and compile a solver. In addition, introduction to C++ programming language, creation of the new turbulence model as a part of the existing OpenFOAM® library with curvature correction. Lastly, the ability to read the OpenFOAM® library without fear, removing the FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) that grips most new users. The methodology employed consists of a series of lectures that provide a general understanding of OpenFOAM® topics followed by hands-on work. This training focuses on the OpenFOAM® Foundation version of OpenFOAM® but can be applied to other forks. Participants will be able to customise top level solvers in OpenFOAM® after this training course. This training course includes:
- C++ introduction
- OpenFOAM library layout
- Compilation of OpenFOAM solvers and utilities
- C++ classes and inheritance
- Creating a new turbulence model
- Boundary condition code walk through
- Hand-on examples
Note: Suspended until further notice
Pointwise Mesh Generation Foundations – Online Training
The course provides a full overview of the software, including thorough instruction on the GUI, interaction and customization. Most lectures in the course are accompanied by work along with files, allowing you to get that hands-on experience just as you would attending an in-person course. And better still, you can work through the lectures at your pace, or even substitute in your own cases to experiment on. The course includes:
- Introduction to the Pointwise Interface and Terminology
- Manipulating and selecting Pointwise entities in an efficient manner
- CAD Import and preparation for meshing using Fault Tolerant and Solid Meshing
- Creation of analytical CAD surfaces
- Creating and smoothing 2D and 3D structured meshes
- Examining structured mesh quality metrics
- Troubleshooting common structured mesh quality issues
- Creating 2D and 3D isotropic unstructured grids
- Setting up 2D and 3D viscous unstructured and hybrid meshes with T-Rex
- Introduction to creating extruded structured and unstructured grids to form hybrid topologies
- Examining unstructured and hybrid mesh quality metrics
- Troubleshooting common unstructured and hybrid mesh quality issues
- Modifying grids with Edit, Dimension and Distribute commands, and more
Pointwise Mesh Generation Online Training is conducted by Pointwise Inc. – Enrol today.
Training at Your Site
To suit your needs, on-site training can be tailored. Note: training facilities, including workstations, will be your responsibility. Contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days does the course last?
Duration of OpenFOAM standard classes is usually 2 days, however On-site class duration depends on the level of customisation.
What are the hours?
Our classes are tailored only and usually conducted between 9.00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
Will I be bored, I am an advanced user?
Our classes cover beginner to advanced topics with instruction tailored to the experience level of the class. Advanced users typically find the review of the basics in the class beneficial and pick up time-saving techniques they didn’t know before, while learning how to incorporate more advanced capabilities into their own processes.
We also offer an advanced OpenFOAM® course that deals with such topics as advanced C++ features, OpenFOAM® library architecture, pressure-velocity coupling, writing a new solver, writing a new turbulence model and writing a new boundary condition. Contact us for more information and dates.
You must cancel a confirmed training reservation no later than seven calendar days prior to the start of the course. If you cancel after that time or fail to attend, your credit card will be charged the standard fee.